Why Rent Spectral Measurement Solutions?
Spectrometers are versatile devices used in a wide range of field, lab and process applications. Businesses of all sizes need these tools to complete countless commercial and industrial processes. Spectral measurement devices also represent a significant investment. If you need a device long-term, it may make sense to rent first.
Rentals offer a convenient and affordable solution for getting the job done, especially in situations where:
- You want to test devices out: Buying a new spectrometer is a big decision. Our rentals let you try different systems out to see which type and model deliver the best results for your applications.
- You need something short-term: Rentals provide an easy way to get the advanced capabilities you need for temporary applications while helping preserve your overhead budget.
We have a wide selection of rentals available at competitive prices. Our inventory includes a list of superior spectrometers, imaging devices and other systems built into turn-key packages that you can use to get precision results. Let our team know the processes you need to complete and the materials you’re working with, and we’ll guide you toward an appropriate selection.
Our full list of rentals includes equipment packages configured for measuring:
- Near-infrared (NIR)
Each system comes with everything you need to get started. You can rely on our experts to provide you with remote training upon delivery and ongoing technical support for the duration of your rental agreement.
How to Rent
We rent systems by the week or month.
Renting is ideal for short-term projects, feasibility testing or getting familiar with the equipment or techniques before buying a system. It’s a simple three-step process:
- Fill out the contact form: We will contact you and set up your order.
- Pay for shipping both ways: Typically through UPS ground.
- Use your rental: Your rental starts when you get your order and ends when you send it back at the end of the rental period.
Product Rental Options
We offer a variety of products through our rent-to-buy program. With most suppliers, you lose the rental payments you’ve already made if you decide to buy the product. However, our rent-to-buy program allows you to reinvest 50% of your rental fees toward the purchase.
We provide two main types of product rentals, including spectrometer rentals and imaging equipment rentals. Our spectrometer rentals feature UV-Vis, near-infrared and Raman options. We rent Ocean Insight spectrometers because of our long history with the brand. Spectrecology CEO Mike Morris founded Ocean Insight when he invented the world’s first miniature fiber optic spectrometer in the 1980s.
Our imaging equipment rentals feature multispectral imaging, hyperspectral sensing and multispectral imaging technology. Multispectral imaging provides an array of pixel-level spectral filters which can display three to 10 bands. Multispectral sensing equipment combines imaging and sensing components in a small, customizable package with an on-chip filtering pack that can feature up to eight photodiodes. Hyperspectral imaging equipment is camera technology that focuses on capturing extensive wavelength range and spectral channels in high resolution, even underwater.
Benefits of Rental Options
There are several key benefits of our product rental program:
- Product trial: You can try a product to ensure it’s the correct fit for your application and whether you want to make a purchase.
- Cost efficiency: Grant- or donor-funded studies often have a firm budget, so a low-cost rental is easier to propose than a new purchase.
- New condition: While scientists commonly purchase used equipment to save funds, renting from Spectrecology guarantees an up-to-date, working instrument.
- Feasibility study: When undertaking a large scientific experiment, you must ensure that you have the proper resources available to meet the plan. Renting equipment can help confirm that you have the correct equipment for the project plan.
- Short-term projects: If a one-time project lasts for a month, purchasing a piece of equipment may not make sense. Renting is a cost-effective way to get the tools you need for any duration.
- Training: It may help a team to rent a piece of equipment for training before a project begins. The team can learn to use the machine and make a purchase when the funds are available.
Our Rentals Per Application
|Absorbance||UV-VIS Spectrophotometer for 1cm cuvettes, 200 – 850nm. Includes CHEMUSB4-UV-VIS, software, USB cable & several UV plastic cuvettes, rent per week/month||$350 / $975|
|Irradiance||VIS-NIR Spectroradiometer, 350-1000nm, includes USB2000+VIS-NIR, fiber & cosine corrector, calibration, rent per week/month||$350/ $975|
|Irradiance||UV-VIS Spectroradiometer, 200-850nm, includes USB2000 spectrometer, fiber & cosine corrector, rent per week/month||$350 / $975|
|Fluorescence||Spectrofluorometer, 200-850nm emission spectra with UV or VIS LED excitation, rent per week/month||$350 / $975|
STS-UV-RAD UV Ocean Optics spectro-radiometer, 200-650nm
|$350 / $975|
|Reflection||VIS-NIR Spectro-reflectometer, includes VIS-NIR spectrometer, light source, reflection probe, 350-1000nm||$350 / $975|
|NIR – Absorbance, Reflectance, Irradiance||NIR Spectrometer, options for absorbance, reflection or irradiance, 900 – 2200nm, includes NirQuest512-2.2 spectrometer and accessories, rent per week/month||$725 / $1825|
Fill Out the Form to Begin the Rental Process
Fill out our online form to get started. Your information will allow us to give you accurate quotes for your rental and help us provide you with the perfect tools for your application. As experts in spectroscopy, we are here to assist you!